The Diplomat Hotel


As my promise in the previous article, I will tell about the tourist attractions that I visited in Baguio. This time the historical sights, one of my favorite places, the Diplomat hotel. You can see from the building, very old, this place was built since 1913 and completed in 1915. This place has a history during the Japanese occupation, which is a shelter for the people, then taken over by the Japanese army and used as a place of torture. But in 1973 this building was overhauled and turned into a hotel. In 1987 the hotel was out of operation, and the building was abandoned. Now this building is designated as a National Historical Site and is known by the name Dominican Hill and Retreat House. Hmm I really like historical tours like this. This building has a vintage aura, and coupled with the cold here makes it more aesthetic.
            I visited this place with my friends, about 8 people. We boarded the jeepney from the dorm for about 15 minutes, then walked uphill about 1.5 km to get to the Diplomat Hotel. Tired indeed, but paid by a beautiful view. We took the opportunity to take pictures in front of this building before entering in to explore its contents. The building is high rise, and contains a hallway along with large rooms. We headed for the rooftop, from here it looks very beautiful scenery, and the air was getting cold. Enjoying the atmosphere at the Diplomat hotel is one of my favorites.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Baguio City National High School Profile

Summary and Suggestion

Teaching Practice